I just obtained my Ham Radio License â€“ Now What?
Twice now the radio has blown an internal radio fuse on transmit. VAL has tested and certified the radio as "Good", but advice that the cable or antenna could be faulty. How does one test that the antenna or cable is adequate? Can one use an ohm meter to check for resistance or continuity? Any other advice is appreciated. I have a newer VHF antenna. It may be a CI-101, although not positive.... “I just obtained my ham radio license. Now what?” I answered a call for a radio check yesterday, and the radio operator said that he just got his ham license and that I was his first contact.
The Procedure for a VHF Radio Check Jolly Parrot Sailing
More information about licensing of radios and operators can be found at the Australian Communications and Media Authority website. Coastal distress marine radio network Maritime Safety Queensland has a 24 hour listening watch service to cover most of the adjacent coastal waters between Cooktown and the New South Wales border on VHF channels 16 and 67 for distress and urgency calls....16/05/2013 · Okay, now, let's make sure the radio's working properly by doing a radio check. First, tune to a station that's an open frequency, like channel 68. Then repeat three times, "Radio check, radio
Marine Safety Radio's Fishing - Fishwrecked.com
VHF Basics. By Don Casey. The lowly VHF radio remains the most versatile communication device for a boat. It is the only communication device many pleasure boats are equipped with, and it is required by law before you can put any other marine radio aboard. how to clean mold from wicker baskets Ask instructions at the skippers briefing before the start of your cruise. Many people think that every time they step on their boat they need to ask for a radio check. This is rarely needed—perhaps after installing a new system—and should certainly not be done on channel 16. So if you want to do it, do it on the charter company's working channel.. How to ask a girl out over a text
Proper VHF Marine Radio Procedure ContinuousWave
- Sea Tow Rolls Out Automated Radio Check Service
- Marine Radios
- Sea Tow Starts Free Radio Check Service BoatTEST.com
- Marine Safety Radio's Fishing - Fishwrecked.com
23/06/2006 · That way you can check for RF output power and antenna performance every time you use the radio...IF the radio isn't mounted out in the weather the meter won't tolerate....
- To conduct an automated radio check, turn your VHF radio to channel 27 or 28, key the mike, and ask for a radio check, just as you would on any other channel. The system will respond with an automated reply and replay your original radio transmission, letting you know exactly how well your radio is working and how you sound to others.
- The marine radio channel you should use depends upon the type of marine radio you have (27MHz, VHF, or MF/HF), and what radio channels or frequencies are monitored by the limited coast station. The marine radio type will normally be printed on the front of your radio.
- Here are some important things to keep in mind when buying a VHF radio. Know your VHF radio’s limits VHF radio has limited coverage in inland waterways and some other areas – find out where a beacon is best, and check which communications are recommended for your boating activity.
- How to use a VHF marine radio Many people have a VHF marine radio in their boat, but choose not to log on with their local marine rescue organisation for fear that they will sound foolish on the radio, or that they might get in trouble for not saying the right words.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Chapman ACT, Brisbane ACT, Gilmore ACT, Spence ACT, Coree ACT, ACT Australia 2685
- New South Wales: North St Marys NSW, Rock Forest NSW, Bombala NSW, Coledale NSW, East Lynne NSW, NSW Australia 2039
- Northern Territory: Adelaide River NT, Borroloola NT, Roper Bar NT, Connellan NT, Lansdowne NT, Roper Bar NT, NT Australia 0869
- Queensland: Elim Aboriginal Mission QLD, Wolffdene QLD, South Ripley QLD, Paradise Point QLD, QLD Australia 4088
- South Australia: Wangary SA, Border Village SA, Monarto SA, Gomersal SA, Beaumont SA, Lake View SA, SA Australia 5042
- Tasmania: Dysart TAS, Tasman Island TAS, Youngtown TAS, TAS Australia 7051
- Victoria: Maiden Gully VIC, Wargan VIC, Eaglehawk VIC, Sunday Creek VIC, Sebastopol VIC, VIC Australia 3002
- Western Australia: Jennapullin WA, Yornup WA, Horrocks WA, WA Australia 6069
- British Columbia: McBride BC, Silverton BC, Zeballos BC, Kelowna BC, Penticton BC, BC Canada, V8W 6W5
- Yukon: Readford YT, Morley River YT, Barlow YT, Summit Roadhouse YT, Teslin River YT, YT Canada, Y1A 3C1
- Alberta: McLennan AB, Hill Spring AB, Bruderheim AB, Rainbow Lake AB, Elnora AB, Penhold AB, AB Canada, T5K 8J4
- Northwest Territories: Fort Smith NT, Fort Resolution NT, Colville Lake NT, Kakisa NT, NT Canada, X1A 8L6
- Saskatchewan: Bengough SK, Shaunavon SK, Rouleau SK, Kyle SK, Tramping Lake SK, Buchanan SK, SK Canada, S4P 4C7
- Manitoba: Roblin MB, Hartney MB, Selkirk MB, MB Canada, R3B 9P2
- Quebec: Hemmingford QC, Acton Vale QC, Saint-Pie QC, Montreal West QC, La Tuque QC, QC Canada, H2Y 1W6
- New Brunswick: Saint-Leolin NB, Blackville NB, Saint-Leolin NB, NB Canada, E3B 6H5
- Nova Scotia: East Hants NS, Digby NS, Halifax NS, NS Canada, B3J 4S3
- Prince Edward Island: Tignish PE, Eastern Kings PE, Cornwall PE, PE Canada, C1A 6N8
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Morrisville NL, New Perlican NL, Hant's Harbour NL, St. Bernard's-Jacques Fontaine NL, NL Canada, A1B 8J8
- Ontario: Sandford ON, Macdonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Additional ON, Martintown ON, Hungry Hollow, Jones ON, Fermoy ON, Iverhaugh ON, ON Canada, M7A 7L6
- Nunavut: Fort Hearne NU, Pangnirtung Fox Farm NU, NU Canada, X0A 5H2
- England: Bedford ENG, Macclesfield ENG, Lancaster ENG, Littlehampton ENG, Barnsley ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 4A4
- Northern Ireland: Belfast NIR, Belfast NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 7H7
- Scotland: Paisley SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Paisley SCO, Dundee SCO, Livingston SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 7B5
- Wales: Barry WAL, Barry WAL, Swansea WAL, Newport WAL, Swansea WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 8D1